GREAT COVID-19 COMMUNITY HEALTH FIRST
GREAT COVID-19 Notice: 3.30.20
UPDATE FROM LEADERSHIP
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.
The new rules about staying home have uprooted all of our lives. Theatre isn’t very good with social distancing. Our specialty, in fact, is the opposite: social inclusion. We know that the arts inspire hope and provide an escape from the everyday. The arts are perhaps needed now more than ever, to bring our community together, and keep us connected.
As we work to sustain the theatre through this crisis, we will continue to work to design and create transformative theatre experiences and ensure we are ready to launch our coming season with the uplifting and inspiring theatre you expect from us.
GREAT NEEDS YOUR HELP! IT’S URGENT!
Imagine our community without GREAT.
The summer camps and programs that serve thousands of children every summer would disappear.
The loss of the plays and productions of GREAT Theatre would be devastating to the culture of our city.
To be in compliance with the mandates from the CDC and Governor Walz, GREAT has cancelled all performances for the remainder of our season. But we still need to keep the lights on. When all this is over our community will need to come together and to heal. One way will be through those very camps, programs and productions that GREAT provides. Your donation will help GREAT to be there for the community.
Our Board of Directors and staff are looking at a variety of financial models. It’s clear that we will need to make tough decisions concerning salary reductions and staff layoffs. We are exploring all practical ways to replace $840,000 estimated lost revenue and ensure GREAT’s long-term viability while serving current community needs. In any case, we’ll need your generosity to keep going.
We hope that you will consider making a gift to GREAT’s Urgent Relief Campaign. You will be the hero that will stabilize GREAT at this critical time and ensure we can serve our community now and for generations to come.
Please note: New tax rules in the stimulus plan make your donation easier to deduct. Even if you do not itemize you can deduct a gift of up to $300.00.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
Though we cannot physically share space at this time, we are finding new and creative ways to bridge the gap between now and whenever we can gather again. We are here for our artists. We are here for our community. We are here for you.
- COMMUNITY NEEDS We are busy responding to our community’s needs – from sewing health care masks and caps to developing virtual readers theatre classes and adapting in person workshops that teach social and emotional skills to be delivered virtually.
- REMOTE SUMMER CAMP SEWING We are working to activate sewing volunteers to help our costume staff create the more than 1,000 costumes for our 2020 summer camp. Thanks to our amazing volunteers all our current sewing projects are spoken for as of March 30th. If interested when future costume projects become available please sign up on our wait list. Thank you!
- THE VIRTUAL LAB Digital initiatives intended to keep the flame of the theater alive bringing our artists together with local students, our volunteer artists and you. Learn more here.
If you have tickets for one of the cancelled shows we ask that you please consider donating them back to GREAT Theatre. We’ve been working through show by show, sending emails to ticket holders this past week to accommodate ticket plans. If you are a ticket holder for one of these performances and missed our email, please see the below for how to handle your ticket request for each show.
- Ahoy Dinner Theatre: we’ve created this online form that you can fill out so that we know how we can best accommodate your ticket plans.
- Mamma Mia: Performances of Mamma Mia will be postponed to Sept. 4-20, 2020 at the Paramount Center for the Arts replacing the planned production of Guys & Dolls. Tickets have been exchanged for the same seats reserved in April on the new date in September as indicated here.
- Our Town: We’ve created this online form that you can fill out so that we know how we can best accommodate your ticket plans.
- Guys and Dolls: We’ve created this online form that you can fill out so that we know how we can best accommodate your ticket plans.
- Every Brilliant Thing: Dates are to be determined. Your tickets will be exchanged for the same seats on the new dates.
2020 Summer camp is on as planned. With expanded offerings to include new plays, new musicals, additional opportunities in tech, and an increased focus on the process of creating art, this will be the best summer yet! For our 2020 camps GREAT will offer a FULL REFUND if you need to cancel at any time and NO CHANGE fees. We hope this helps our families during these unprecedented times. Register today.
GREAT staff and artists are designing, planning and working everyday to create an extraordinary 20/21 season of family entertainment. The arts will be needed more than ever, to bring our community together and keep us connected. Now is the time to get the best seats at the best prices and we’ve extended our early bird special. Guarantee your tickets now HERE.
STAY IN TOUCH
All GREAT staff are working remotely from our homes so reaching out via email is the best way to communicate
Together, we will survive this. We dream that when we are again able to bring the community together for shared theater experiences, we will be even GREATer for you. Thank you for making GREAT your community theatre.