An American classic as you have never seen or, in this case, heard before! This year’s radio program in collaboration with KVSC is The Great Gatsby, a timeless tale of social commentary that still rings true to this day and age. Set in the roaring 20’s, The Great Gatsby follows the story of a young man who is swept up into the life and drama of his next door neighbor, Gatsby.
We are seeking a wide range of actors ages 16+ to lend their unique voices to this story and help bring the world alive for all those who listen in. The cast size will range from 10-16 with some actors giving voice to multiple characters.
- Auditions: Wednesday, September 21st via Zoom SIGN UP HERE
- Rehearsals: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:00pm or 6:00-9:00pm (when in-person).
Mon, Oct. 17 – 6-8pm via Zoom
Tues, Oct. 18 – 6-8pm via Zoom
Thurs, Oct. 20 – 6-8pm via Zoom
Mon, Oct. 24 – 6-8pm via Zoom
Tues, Oct. 25 – 6-8pm via Zoom
Weds, Oct. 26 – 6-9pm in-Person
Thurs, Oct. 27 – 6-8pm via Zoom
Tues, Nov. 1 – 6-8pm via Zoom
Weds, Nov. 2 – 6-9pm in-person
- Tech rehearsal: Fri, Nov. 4 – 6-9pm
- Performances: Saturday, Nov. 5 at 7:30pm
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR AUDITIONS
1) ALL: Please prepare one of the MONOLOGUE options and the brief SCENE.
Please be prepared to read the monologue and both roles of the scene in different ways or voices. (This is radio and actors may play multiple roles!)
2) If you would like to be considered for a singing role, please prepare to sing “Happy Birthday” a capella during your audition.
GREAT is looking to cast 10-16 actors to play the roles listed below. Voice actors frequently double and play multiple roles in radio plays, and that is the intention with The Great Gatsby as well.
- NICK CARRAWAY, a Midwesterner who rents the small house next to the Gatsby’s mansion.
- NICK’S FATHER
- TOM BUCHANAN, Daisy’s hulking brute of a husband.
- DAISY BUCHANAN, Tom’s wife and Nick’s cousin.
- JORDAN BAKER, professional golfer of questionable integrity.
- BUCHANAN’S MAID
- GEORGE WILSON, service station owner and husband of Myrtle.
- MYRTLE WILSON, married lover of Tom Buchanan.
- TRAIN CONDUCTOR
- CATHERINE, Myrtle’s sister.
- PARTYGOER 1
- PARTYGOER 2
- OWL EYES, A drunken partygoer.
- JAY GATSBY, a newly wealthy Midwesterner turned Easterner.
- GATSBY’S BUTLER
- MEYER WOLFSHEIM, Gatsby’s business associate and link to organized crime.
- EWING KLIPSPRINGER, a quintessential leech known as Gatsby’s “boarder.”
- MICHAELIS, a coffee shop owner in the valley of ashes.
- WELL-DRESSED WOMAN
- GATSBY’S GARDENER
- HENRY C. GATZ, Jay Gatsby’s father.