TODAY’S NEEDS, TOMORROW’S DREAMS
Today’s needs are to stabilize GREAT at this critical time to ensure we can serve our community now and for generations to come. This includes looking at a variety of financial models and exploring all practical ways to replace lost revenue, transitioning staff to work from home as able, remaining engaged with volunteers and donors, meeting our community’s needs, and the launch of education programming in the virtual lab.
Tomorrow’s dreams are the work we are doing now to explore what being GREATer looks like for our community in the future. The mission is to strengthen the organization by working on projects that have longer-term benefits and can help us emerge from this moment stronger.
We hope that you will consider making a gift for Today’s Needs, Tomorrow’s Dreams.
You support will stabilize GREAT at this critical time and ensure we can serve our community now and for generations to come.
Please note: New tax rules in the stimulus plan make your donation easier to deduct. Even if you do not itemize you can deduct a gift of up to $300.00 for individuals and $600 for couples.
Tickets are only part of the story.
GREAT relies on the support of people like you—members, donors, local businesses, and education program sponsors—to help us create extraordinary experiences for an extraordinary community through the power of live theatre. Here’s how you can help.
Join the GREAT Sustainer Club with a recurring donation to be withdrawn automatically from your credit card. Every gift of every size collectively makes a big impact.
You can also donate by calling our office at (320) 258-2787 or mailing your contribution to: GREAT Theatre, 710 Sundial Drive, Waite Park, MN 56387. If you have questions about your gift please contact us at (320) 258-2787 or email email@example.com.
GREAT Theatre is a 501c3 nonprofit organization
Thank you for deepening your connection to GREAT and joining our donor family!
Where does your money go?
GREAT Theatre is a 501c(3) non-profit organization and tickets sales only cover 60% of GREAT Theatre’s annual operating expenses. Over $285,000 of our budget needs to be raised each year by donors like you!
Your contributions help us to:
- Ensure everyone in Central Minnesota has access to the transformative arts
- Provide outstanding youth, education, and community outreach programs to over 61,000 people each year.
- Provides roles for over 500 volunteer actors to share their passion for theatre performing for our community with direction from professional artistic staff, while performing on broadway quality sets, wearing lavish costumes with state of the art light and sound design and a live orchestra.
- Provide over $7600 in scholarships to more than 100 students and campers each year
- A chance for GREAT to be brave and take bold artistic risks as we venture into the new telling the stories of our community through PLAYlabs, Script in Hand, and other community partnerships.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The average cost to produce a show is $62,700. This pays for professional artistic staff, live orchestras, expansive sets, amazing special effects, lavish costumes, theater rental, box office fees, and royalties. This doesn’t include general operating and outreach expenses.
- GREAT’s headquarters is in Waite Park and includes rehearsal halls, scene shop, costume shop, administrative office, and the 150+ seat Helgeson Learning Lab Theatre. All the behind-the-scenes magic happens under one roof with a team of professional staff and hundreds of dedicated volunteers who create shows to be performed at the Paramount Center for the Arts and our very own Helgeson Learning Lab Theatre!
- The average cost of a GREAT ticket is just $19. “Why go to the metro when you pay a fraction of the price for Broadway quality shows right here?” – GREAT audience member
- We believe in ensuring accessibility and inclusion for all. Each year approximately 2,500 people attend a GREAT show at no cost and $7,600 in scholarships is given to 100 over campers.
All of this wouldn’t be possible without generous donors! Deepen your connection to GREAT with a donation to support Broadway quality shows in our community!