Audience Safety Guidelines
We are so excited to welcome you back to live performances! Making sure we are doing our part to keep you, our artists, our staff and volunteers, and our community safe has been, and continues to be, our highest priority. GREAT Theatre remains committed to monitoring the current recommendations, guidelines and restrictions and will continue to follow CDC guidelines and Executive Orders to ensure we remain open in the safest way possible.
March 21, 2022
GREAT’s policies at the Helgeson Learning Lab Theatre have been updated for audiences: Proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test will no longer be required. Out of concern for those who may be immunocompromised or have underlying health concerns, the masks are strongly recommended.
The following mitigation strategies are in place for GREAT Theatre/Helgeson Learning Lab Theatre:
- MASKS: Masks are optional. Out of concern for those who may be immunocompromised or have underlying health concerns, the masks are strongly recommended.
- MONITORING: GREAT closely monitors local, state and federal COVID-19 guidelines and consults with medical experts to adjust its health and safety policies as needed.
- AIR QUALITY: Our HVAC system has been upgraded with high-efficiency MERV 13 air filters and air exchange rates that function at high levels throughout the building.
- SANITATION/CLEANING: Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building and frequent touch points are disinfected multiple times a day.
While these policies are intended to ensure everyone stays healthy and safe, they do not guarantee protection against COVID-19. Everyone must assume their own risk when they enter our venue. These protocols will be reviewed regularly and may be changed based on evolving medical information including case numbers and community vaccination rates.
GREAT Theatre adheres to the safety policies and guidelines of other venues while we are in their space. Safety policies for the Paramount Center for the Arts can be found HERE. If you are not feeling well, are experiencing symptoms, or have a known exposure, we ask that you stay home. Please contact us to transfer your ticket to another performance, donate your tickets, or request a refund. We understand the current situation may prevent some from attending performances. For this reason a refund or credit is available for any guests who don’t feel comfortable attending.
- Schedule your free vaccination: https://vaccineconnector.mn.gov/en-US/
- Schedule a free COVID19 test: https://vaccineconnector.mn.gov/en-US/
- Request a copy of your MN Vaccination Card: https://vaccineconnector.mn.gov/en-US/
- Download the Docket app: https://docket.care/
GREAT Theatre is back! We are thrilled that we have made it through the early phases of the pandemic and joyful that we have been able to safely perform in-person for our community again. We are grateful to the volunteers, staff, donors, campers and community members who have helped us get to this milestone.
The arts were one of the first industries to be significantly disrupted by the pandemic and that remains a primary challenge. While ticket sales are not where they were pre-pandemic and challenges remain, we fully understand and respect that many of you are not ready to return to indoor theatre or to wear masks while watching theater at this time. Please know that we are ready, excited and thrilled to welcome you back to live theatre, when you are ready. And, we will continue to do everything possible to keep our community safe as we rebuild GREAT and ensure everyone in Central Minnesota has access to the transformative power of the arts.
We also share our tremendous gratitude for the generosity and leadership of our Board of Directors, our staff and the many artists and volunteers who sustained us with virtual programming and our first musical production outdoors at The Ledge Amphitheater. It is with the collective support of loyal donors, subscribers, camp families, and ticket buyers that our community gets to experience the joy and connection the arts create.
Thank you for sharing in our joy that GREAT is back. And, thank you for doing your part in the coming months to keep our community safe and helping GREAT thrive. We look forward to welcoming you back to our theaters and will continue to count on you for your support!