You can’t have a Christmas season without a GREAT Theatre show for families! Audition for our “Miracle on 34th Street: A Live Musical Radio Play” that will be a free live radio play over WJON & KVSC Radio on Friday, December 18th and also a fully staged musical (costumes, sets, props & lights) that will be filmed live at the Helgeson Learning Lab Theatre and available to purchase as a live stream “On Demand” Dec. 19th-January 2nd, 2021. Help bring holiday cheer to our community as 2020 comes to a close!
Directed by Kendra Norton Dando, GREAT Education Director
To audition please choose the option that works best for you:
- Submit a video audition via email to info@GreatTheatre.org by Oct. 6th at 6pm or
- Sign up for a zoom audition on Oct. 6th to perform your song and side live.
For auditions prepare:
- Sing a verse of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen a capella
- Read one of the sides provided by clicking here
Character Descriptions for five adults and one youth female role:
- Kristofer Van Liesberg as KRIS KRINGLE: Santa Claus (the real one). Non-singing.
- Cordelia Ragsdale as DORIS WALKER: Macy’s public relations expert. Practical, firm but kind, divorcee. Alto/mezzo-soprano. C4-C#5
- Gracie DeMarco as SUSAN WALKER: Precocious daughter of Doris. Serious-minded like her mother. Age 8 (may be played by an actor between ages 8-14). C4-C5
- Grady Williams as FRED GAILEY: Lawyer, looking for love and a miracle. Baritone/tenor Bb3-G4
- Wallace Ainsley as MALE CHARACTER ACTOR: Plays a variety of roles – shoppers, store owners, lawyers, etc. Versatile. Baritone B3-E4
- Olivia Glatt as FEMALE CHARACTER ACTOR: Plays a variety of roles – doctors, reporters, shoppers, etc. Versatile. Soprano C4-E5
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will be Oct. 12-Dec. 17 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-8:30pm. Typically one rehearsal per week will be over zoom and the other two will be in person (wearing masks and following safety guidelines for physical distancing.)
Safety & Health Guides: Please review our Health and Safety Guidelines that we will follow for this volunteer experience. We are planning to follow all the guidelines just like we did for “The Laramie Project” including having all cast members take a COVID 19 Test prior to taking off masks for the final rehearsals/performances.