21/22 season updates
Thanks to the support of our community we are heading into the new year with refreshed optimism and pure excitement as we return to LIVE performances (safely, of course)! In 2020, a record 1,192 donors supported GREAT! Of those, 494 were first-time donors and 480 increased their giving over the prior year. Their support came at a time when the survival of GREAT was at risk. We will do more than just survive; we are ready to thrive!
21/22 BROADWAY SERIES ANNOUNCEMENT
Consider this your invitation to escape the everyday…together again! All our musicals originally announced last year, including Mamma Mia!, are rescheduled. This also includes the production of our very first outdoor musical at the brand new The Ledge Amphitheater in Waite Park.
Mark your calendar to gather together again with family, friends and your community for JOY, BEAUTY and INSPIRATION!
- Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella
July 23-25, 2021 at The Ledge Amphitheatre, Waite Park + livestream
- Little Shop of Horrors
September 10-19, 2021 at the Paramount Center for the Arts + livestream
- The Sound of Music
November 19-28, 2021 at the Paramount Center for the Arts + livestream
- Roald Dahl’s Matilda
January 28- February 6, 2022 at the Paramount Center for the Arts
- Mamma Mia!
April 14-24, 2022 at Paramount Center for the Arts
Thank you again for trusting us with your ticket credits. We are excited to help you exchange your tickets for new dates and to perform for you again! To ensure the best live theatre experience we are putting tickets on sale in multiple phases.
CINDERELLA & LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
As of right now both these shows are planned to be general admission, allowing for the greatest flexibility if it is deemed safe to increase seating capacity.
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 – Subscriber Early Access Begins – 20/21 Subscribers that already purchased these shows will receive an email two weeks prior with instructions on how to pick new dates.
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021 – In-person and livestream tickets go on sale
THE SOUND OF MUSIC, MATILDA, MAMMA MIA! Exchange and on sale dates to be announced in Fall 2021.
If you have any questions regarding your subscription or credits on account, please email Breana@GREATTheatre.org. Your patience and generosity keep our arts culture vibrant and contributes to the economic recovery of our community. Thank you!
The safety of our audience, volunteers, and staff remains our top priority. GREAT will follow all recommended mitigation efforts and mandates in effect at the time of performance. A copy of our audience safety guidelines is available to review.
New this year, we are holding one set of auditions in the Spring and one in the Fall for our musicals.
- May 2021– Cinderella, Little Shop of Horrors, Sound of Music
- October 2021 – Matilda
- January 2022 – Mamma Mia!
THE LAB SERIES
- How I Became a Pirate – If you’re a subscriber for our previously announced Youth Artist Produced show for pre-school audiences, we encourage you to exchange your tickets for Charlotte’s Web this spring. Watch for an email on how to make the exchange in early April.
- Black Nativity, Every Brilliant Thing and Puffs – we continue to work on securing new dates and royalty contracts to perform these shows in the future. If you subscribed to either of these shows your tickets will be held as a credit and honored in the future.
GREATer TOGETHER: Ready to Thrive!
Thanks to the collective support of our community, we’re heading into 2021 with refreshed optimism and pure excitement as we prepare for a return to LIVE theatrical performances (safely, of course)! Will you make a donation today to ensure our return to live performances is as spectacular as before?
Every gift will be matched DOLLAR for DOLLAR!
We share our gratitude for the tremendous support of all who have trusted us with their ticket credits, donated back their tickets or camp registration, made additional gifts of support (some even doubled!), or recently joined the GREAT donor family to help get us to where we are today. Thank you for making GREAT your community theatre.