Recommended for pre-k through 1st grade
Join us beneath the sea as we follow the story of the most beautiful fish in all the ocean, Rainbow Fish. Based on the international bestseller and award-winning book, The Rainbow Fish Musical brings its important message of friendship and belonging to life through song and dance.
Want to be a part of bringing the international bestseller and award-winning book,The Rainbow Fish, with its wonderful message of friendship and belonging to the stage? We are looking for a cast of performers ages eight through eighteen for this production. All GREAT actors are volunteers cast through open auditions. We are proud to cast both new and returning actors and encourage everyone of all abilities, experience, and backgrounds to audition and discover the artist within yourself!
- Sign Up: The link to sign up for an audition date and time will be live Monday, September 24th
- Auditions: Sunday, October 6th at 3:00pm, 4:00pm or 5:00pm
- Callbacks: If needed, will be Tuesday, October 8th (if needed)
- Rehearsals: Please review the tentative REHEARSAL SCHEDULE to prepare conflicts for your audition form. Please note weekday rehearsals are 4-6pm for this production.
Auditions will take place at GREAT World Headquarters, Helgeson Learning Lab Theatre, 710 Sundial Drive, Waite Park (next to Crafts Direct). Lots of close free parking available.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR AUDITIONS:
- Plan to arrive ten minutes early and dress for movement
- No specific preparation is needed for this audition. Come prepared to sing, dance, and read from the script.
RAINBOW FISH THE MUSICAL ROLES:
Rainbow Fish, Little Fish, Starfish, Ms. Minnow, Octopus, Pufferfish, Hermit Crab, Sardine, Clownfish, Ensemble
DIRECTOR MENTOR: Kendra Norton Dando
MUSIC DIRECTOR MENTOR: Hillary Vermillion
CHOREOGRAPHER MENTOR: Yadaira Rivera-Reyes
STAGE MANAGER MENTOR: Anita Reber
SCENIC DESIGN MENTOR: Rich Kimmerle
LIGHTING & SOUND DESIGNER MENTOR: Colin Jarrell
COSTUME DESIGNER MENTOR: Sarah Beth Stewart
EDUCATION INTERN: Emily Prestby
YOUTH PRODUCTION TEAM
DIRECTOR: Grace Radeke
MUSIC DIRECTOR: Alexia Engels
CHOREOGRAPHER: Fiona Cheever
SCENIC DESIGNER: Lexi McKay
LIGHTING & SOUND DESIGNER: Brendan Engels
COSTUME DESIGNER: Emma Carney
STAGE MANAGER: Amelia Reid
Please reach out to Dennis Whipple at 320.258.2787 or dennis@GreatTheatre.org with any questions about auditions.
This activity is made possible in part by a grant from the Central MN Arts Board with funds appropriated by the Minnesota State Legislature from its general fund.